Breastfeeding is the physiologically normal way to feed a child. Unfortunately, the art of breastfeeding has been lost in our culture. We no longer have family or friends to look to for guidance. Having a lactation consultant visit you, in the comfort of your own home, is a wonderful way to build your village and get breastfeeding off to a great start.
What is an IBCLC?
International Board Certified Lactation Consultants are highly skilled allied healthcare professionals specializing in the clinical management of breastfeeding. We work with you to help you meet your breastfeeding goals.
Do I really need help?
Common reasons why parents reach out to a lactation consultant:
- Latch issues
- Nipple pain and damage
- Engorgement, thrush, plugged ducts and mastitis
- Concerns about milk production
- Baby weight gain problems
- Lip/tongue-tie related challenges
- Reassurance that all is going well with breastfeeding